Should stay at home MOMS get paid?

imsupermoma

Asked by imsupermoma at 8:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• That would be GREAT lol. It's not going to happen though.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 8:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Dads, too.
    It would be nice but it would be difficult to regulate given all the different family dynamics and what's involved for every family and different children's ages, special needs, and what exactly everyone does. You couldn't have a set of fixed rules for Stay at home parenting (for example) since its so different for every person.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It would be nice and I would be very wealthy!

Answer by older at 8:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I feel that stay at home parents DO get paid. No, we are not handed a pay check every week, or every other week. But we are paid in hugs and kisses and I love yous from our kids. We are also fortunate enough that our spouses are able to take care of all of the bills and extra little things and whatever else our money is spent on. No, we do not have to work outside the home, but we are working INSIDE the home. And it's a hard job. And it's not for everyone. But all of my bills are paid. I want for nothing. If I want to go shopping and buy something that we don't need, but someone wants, I can. So therefore, I feel as if I am paid to take care of the house and kids.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 8:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i wish, would be nice if the moms just got money for themselves, like you got paid for doin the housework or something, i would like it, cos i hate askin for money.
    otoole

Answer by otoole at 8:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I agree with QueenMomma2023 & I also get paid. Ive got clothes on my back, roof over my head, the net to bug people on cafemom, pepsi to keep me alive......& Im spoiled so I pretty much get whatever I want. (Mind you its not always like that.) SAHM & SAHD do get paid, we just don't get handed money. (well some of us don't.)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:44 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• No.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 8:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Why would you get paid for caring for your family? Do working moms get paid for the housework they do? Isn't this what we as parents are supposed to be doing?
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 8:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You and your SO are a team. He works and you take care of the rest. Money isn't the end goal. A happy family is.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 9:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I also think we get paid ( just for the time we get to spend with our children is priceless to me) getting paid would just be a bonus, it would help my hubby with the bills it would lift some weight of his shoulders so he could spend more time with US,
    imsupermoma

Comment by imsupermoma (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Oct. 14, 2010