Neighbor

How do you deal with a nosy,pain in the butt neighbor (that just walks in your yard without being invited or ask to come over)with a child every time you try to take your own kids outside?We love our privacy!!So how would you put it to your neighbor to stop?

MommiesAngels02

Asked by MommiesAngels02 at 8:28 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Beware of being nasty to your neighbors you never know when good relations might come in handy!

Answer by older at 8:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i would deal with it...saying something to them may lead to drama
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 8:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I guess I'd:
    1. start using the back yard
    2. look out a window and see if they are around before I go outside
    3. drive to a park nearby (ie walk straight to the car without stopping)
    4. resort to the old "gotta doctor's appt. Gotta go" excuse, (then go to #3).

I had that happen too when I just didn't feel real social on those days but didn't wanna come across as an a-hole (which is next to impossible in those cases).
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 8:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Nope I dont have to worry about this anymore. =) Thankfully. Im always out side with my little guy, but there are no other children his age. or even close to his age. & I get along great with the people who live beside me & across from me. (Both are older couples who's children have grown..... )
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• But when I did have to deal with this, I told the woman very nicely that my son wasn't allowed to have friends to play today. He got into trouble. =)

When that didn't work I finally explained that There are just some days I don't like to deal with people, it was no offense to her, but I just had a lot going on & there was just some days I needed it to just be me & My son
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 8:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• This child that comes over is only 3,very aggressive & destructive/violent at times and will not mind.My kids are 9 & 7.
    MommiesAngels02

Comment by MommiesAngels02 (original poster) at 8:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would just tell them that you are having some "quality family time" right now, maybe they would like to come over another time?

Answer by missanc at 8:52 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Hmmm since the child is younger maybe you could say something to the effect that your kids are older and don't have 'much in common' with a 3 yr old, and your kids prefer to play with kids their own age.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I do not know. I want to be kind and inclusive, but I see your point.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Put up a privacy fence, and padlock on your gate.
    grammamamma

Answer by grammamamma at 3:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010