i have been trying to get pregnant for several months. i am a runner and thin. everyone keeps telling me i am going to have a hard time.....any adivce

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Do you get a period every month? That is the big thing with runners. Sometimes they run so much that it stops them from getting their period.
    jenniferlee_12

Answer by jenniferlee_12 at 4:14 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• If you're getting a regular period, I'd say you'd be okay. But if you're under what you should weigh, then yes, it can be difficult. I'd just go to your ob and talk to them about trying to get pregnant, and if they suggest that you gain weight, do that. Think about it, if you're underweight, and you have bad morning sickness while you're pregnant, you could loose even more, leaving no stores for the baby to take from.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:17 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Just stay positive and tell yourself you are going to get pregnant. I tried for 2 years with my SO and finally at the very end, about the last 5 months or so, I was telling myself all the time that "I will get pregnant" I even cut out little baby things in magazines and stuff just to get in the mood lol. It may sound crazy, but I'm a firm believer in if you want something bad enough, tell yourself you will get it, and you will.

I was active too, i played a lot of sports, and would jog and run pretty often. My doctors also said I had endometriosis which would make it a lot harder to get pregnant.

I'm now 6 months pregnant with my first daughter, and we are SO excited!!!

Good luck.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:20 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• as long as you have a regular cycle you should be fine - not any harder of a time than people who are less active than you.
    you may want to talk to your doc. to find out if there is a real cause to you not conceiving yet... being an active healthy adult is not realy a good excuse for having a hard time conceiving
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• As long as your weight is healthy, you menstruate regularly and your BMI (body mass index) is between 20-27% you should have no more problem than anyone else. The lower your BMI the more difficult it becomes. Women who drop BMI to 15 often stop having a regular period. It is a fine line..too low or too high a BMI affects ability to concieve.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• yep, as long as you are menstuating regularly you should be fine. if not, you may want to slow it down a bit.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 6:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• because you probably don't have regular periods it make take longer to conceive. It took me 5 years and then I had 3 in a row. My nephew tried a vitamin I recommended and his wife got pregnant right away. Healthy bodies should respond quicker.
    nanaevelyn

Answer by nanaevelyn at 8:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008