how many years do you think it will take to get the economy back where it should be?

do you think it even will?

Asked by shay1130 at 8:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I heard the jobs may not return for up to 10 years

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am thinking it will not get back to where it should be.

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I don't think it will ever return to where it was.

Answer by missanc at 9:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• A good five years plus.

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:14 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I don't think it will be. I think it will becom more reliable, but not as robust.

American's will mover further and further away from consumerism...we're not racking up as much debt and people are saving more money than in the past few years.

Answer by UpSheRises at 9:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I don't know that it will ever be what it was. I think a lot depends on future legislation and where this country is headed. If we can turn some things around I think it will take about 15 to 20 years.  I'm a pessimist when it comes to this stuff.

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Years? How about decades? The tax bill for our children hasn't even come due yet.

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We need to start closing loopholes that ship jobs overseas, start producing tangible products and cut back on imports.

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:10 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• jobs come back after the big board does for 6 months. Has it come back yet? I dunno, October has been fantastic. But many are saying Oct 31 will be another crash because of recent prop ups by the Fed. There just isn't any money, it is being held while the wealthy wait.
    I've heard April 2011 as a comeback and I've heard 10 years of 10% UE. Nobody really knows.
    The time to plan for a recession is always, not in the midst of it.

Answer by jewjewbee at 10:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It will need to be a different type of economy in order to be robust again.

Answer by lovinangels at 10:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2010