If you had to...

If you had to write instructions on how to care for your baby, what would you write? My daugther will be going to a new babysitter, and I am really excited about her... but I am drawing a blank... I want to make sure I cover all bases.

LovinMyMikayla

Asked by LovinMyMikayla at 4:19 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• What's her schedule?
    Favorite foods?
    What's her naptime routine?
    Favorite toys or activities?
    Foods she hates or loves? Foods you don't want her to have?
    Any medical concerns?
    Make sure you include a signed release form so the baby sitter can get treated quickly at the hospital if needed. Without it, they don't provide much treatment until you arrive. You can find samples online if your sitter doesn't have any.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• IDK I'd never leave my child with someone that needed how to care for a baby written out for them.
    I also do not expect everyone that watches my children to do it exactly like I do.
    Anonymous

• Hmmm...let's see. OK, start with the emergencies. For example: food allergies, product allergies, etc. Then, perhaps write down a particular schedule your child might have when it comes to eating, naps, etc. I'd also write down favorite songs, games and things like that. Wait - how old is your daughter?
    ivansmom07

Answer by ivansmom07 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• She doesn't need instructions on how to care for a baby, she needs instructions on how to care for MY baby... Such as how much to eat and when, emergency numbers etc... Why are people so critical? It really doesn't matter what question you ask...
    LovinMyMikayla

Answer by LovinMyMikayla at 4:24 PM on Oct. 27, 2008