has anyone ever skipped a period the month after having a baby?

Okay, I had my baby boy on sept 2. I think I was bleeding for 3 weeks on and off. So I don't know if I have had a period yet. If I did it was done within that 3 weeks. I have not had one since then and dont know whats going on...Can anyone help with answers on this one?

sak91005

Asked by sak91005 at 4:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Health

• it may take a little while for your body to get back on track... i wouldnt worry about it.....
    reipea0807

Answer by reipea0807 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I bled for 5 weeks after my first baby, was off a week, then started my period the following week.

As long as you're being safe then I wouldn't worry about it. Your body needs time to get back to normal...it may take a few months. Also, if you're breastfeeding, you may not have normal periods again until you're done.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:37 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I bled for about three weeks, then it stopped. I breastfed for the first six months, and didn't have one the entire time (this is very common). I think I got my first real period about four weeks after I stopped breastfeeding. Are you breastfeeding?
    Anonymous

• I'm almost 5 months PP and still haven't gotten my period back. I'm BFing.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 6:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• are you breastfeeding?

i haven't had a period yet and had my son in June. i'm breastfeeding, though, and my OB/GYN said many women don't get a period while breastfeeding. he said you CAN potentially get pregnant, though, even if you haven't seemed to have a period yet (it's not highly likely, but it happens). so when you start having sex again and if you don't want to get pregnant, use birth control whether you're getting your period or not.
    Mamastheword

Answer by Mamastheword at 1:01 AM on Oct. 28, 2008