Getting rid of pregnant headaches??

I'm 12wks and getting killer headaches sinus, tenstion you name it. The Dr. told me I can take tyleno or sudifedl, but its best to wait untill my 2nd trimester. Has anyone found anything that help that does not involve medicine. I could use any advise!

heatmac4

Asked by heatmac4 at 4:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• get someone to hold the pressure points on the area of your hands between your fingers and thumb, have them press both at once (can't do it on your own so that's why I said get someone else to do it)

make a compress by putting 5 drops of lavender essential oil in cold (or warm) water. Swish around a soft cloth, then put it on your head or neck.

For headaches, eat a banana every time the linger headaches appear.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 4:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• you can also pinch the tips of your finger tips and relax while you do it.

Theyre your pressure points as well this is all I do when i get headaches because I dont take medicines, it always works for me! :) Good luck
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:29 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• suddifed is a class C drug so becareful... class c and cause birth defects... other wise, losts of water and what kelso said!!
    GL
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 4:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• have you cut back on your caffene intake? this is usually the cause - try having some dark chocolate or a cup of hot tea -
    you are allowed caffene just not in excess - if its causing more pain then relief
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:43 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• make ur room really dark, put a wet wash cloth or just a pillow over ur eyes and try to relax, think about nothing... even if it doesnt go away completely it will help cuz trying to do stuff when u got a headache makes it worse. i sometimes feel like i'm overwhelmed and i jsut need a breather so i lie down for a second and everyone freaks out like i'm sick lol just try to relax
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:47 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Oooh, I'm so sorry I had head aches the fist 4 months of my first pregnancy...Tylenol alone would only help a little. I found that taking the lowest dose of benedryl with the Tylenol helped the most. That was ok with my OB but check with yours they all seem to have different rules about what you can and cannot take. Oh! and right before I went into labor I got my very first and thankfully only migraine! I mean I got the migraine and had my first contraction 5 hours later. I don't know if it was related or not... I never asked.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:38 PM on Nov. 1, 2008