Stalled labor

Went to L&D and was admitted to the hospital. I dialated to 4cm, 50% effaced and the baby is at a -2 station. Well my labor stalled after about 12 hours at the hospital! How in the world can I restart labor? Please help, I am in pain and miserable. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• This happened with my first delivery. I didn't want an epidural so they gave me something else that made me delirious. I was telling my DH over and over to answer the #$% phone when there was no phone ringing.

I finally agreed to an epidural and fell asleep for 3 hours. When I woke up I was ready to go. I should've done the epidural earlier.

Good Luck and keep us posted !!! I'll be praying for you and your family.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 9:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I gave you a bump. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 9:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• im sorry to hear that maybe walking or have sex.....or just clean ALOT hope your feel better!! and GL with L&D
    Mommmy_To_3

Answer by Mommmy_To_3 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• NORMAL.
    ;- /

Go home and wait until baby is really ready to come.
    When labor is intense it will be time.
    ;-)
    You might want to have some labor support with you while coping at home~ do you have a doula?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 10:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010