Do you ever wonder how other's veiw your parenting skills and do you care?

gracelessstar21

Asked by gracelessstar21 at 9:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• I live in a really small town, with lots of gossip. So I've heard second hand what people have said, some people have even had the nerve to say those things to my husband. What I do know even with my faults, the one things I am good at is being a mother. I have great children, most people I know tell me all the time how great they are and wished their children were as great as mine. They compliment us a lot on how we've raised them and have even said jokingly will you take mine and do the same.
    I think the people that say those things about me, really just don't like me in general and try to find things to just say about me. I'm fortunate to do have a good husband, who when my character and skills are attacked he tells them "Who do you think raised those kids to be who they are?" Typically that shuts them up. :)
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I do not spend much time wondering. But I do care what others think.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:06 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• very rarely, but I do get scared nowadays when my sons have an autistic fit in public if some busybody is gonna call the police on her cell rather than let me handle it and get them outta Dodge.

Or doesn't like how I handle it when I get kinda loud back to snap them out of it long enough to get them out of the store. People make judgements without really knowing what that other person has to go thru.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I do not care what others think. I know I am a good mom and that I do the best I can, and that I have good children. I do wonder sometimes what my siblings think!!
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 9:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Especially when she throws a fit in the preschool parking lot.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:08 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My family not anyone else's. If I lived my life worrying about other's opinions it would not be a life worth living.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The only time I care is when they are acting like total demons in public and I have to control them. I don't want people to think I am a bad mom because my kids are miniature tornados in Walmart....
    tonbookluvr

Answer by tonbookluvr at 9:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i dont wonder, but i care to an extent!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I only worry about the busy-bodies that think that I should raise my kids the way they want.  My kids are allowed to wander around our neighborhood, play at the park on their own, etc.  Luckily we live in a neighborhood where all the kids have similar freedom so I don't have to worry.  There are always kids out all over the place, running from one house to the next.  Every day after school my son's friend (in 3rd grade) comes from the other side of the development to ring our doorbell. 

Otherwise I don't give a crap what other people think of me.  It's none of their business how I raise my kids.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yea i try not to care what other's think..i do my very best..and i hate when other's look at you when your kids are haven a fit or ect..and your trying to deal with it and they give you that look like(omg)i am always like..why r u judging me ..u have no idea ...lol
    gracelessstar21

Comment by gracelessstar21 (original poster) at 9:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010