Any idea's on how to make your own curtains?(long)

I have a laundry room which is good size..i have desided to make it into my computer room..problem is..i have rather large windows in here, and i have gone to ever store and looked at curtains..i either do not like the color or they are too long or they aren't big enough or there just way too much ..so my mother said when she was growing up my great grandmother made her own out of things..i need some basic idea's...im not a very creative mom when it comes to things like this...lol

gracelessstar21

Asked by gracelessstar21 at 9:16 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Go to a fabric store and look through the big pattern books. You should find in those patterns and/or instructions for making all kinds of different curtains. I've made a lot of curtains, and the key thing is in knowing how to measure and figure seam allowances. Those instructions are all available in the patterns.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Oh - also, it's *really* easy to make curtains out of sheets!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• gl
    mekarevell

Answer by mekarevell at 9:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Curtains are easy. You can measure the window, find patterns or instructions online, and make a basic curtain just by cutting and hemming yards of fabric in the right place. Like NannyB said, the key is knowing how to measure and figure seam allowances - and you can find out how to do that in a how-to online, or in a pattern. Good luck!
    WomanWitty

Answer by WomanWitty at 10:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• im looking online now...thank you lady's!!!
    gracelessstar21

Comment by gracelessstar21 (original poster) at 10:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2010