Are you allowed to use a cell phone in the hospital?

For both my births, the answer was no, but I see a lot of people saying to bring your cell to the hospital!! Did they change policies or what??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:31 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I used mine while I was outside with hubby smoking a cigarette.
    Anonymous

• i dont kno what state your in but you can take your cell phone where you please
    juliansmommie23

Answer by juliansmommie23 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The hospital I gave birth in, in wisconsin let us as long as we were not in a NO CELL PHONE AREA and those are just surgical and around magnate machines
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 4:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I used my cell phone :) Thing is, most of the time they don't work anyways...bad reception. You're better off not wasting your minutes and using the hospital phone instead. You're paying for the room afterall.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• There are signs all over the hospital where I delivered asking you not to have your cell phone on or in use.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 4:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Well duh you can take it anywhere you want, but can you use it. Damn should have worded the question better.
    Anonymous

• we used ours here in AR
    Jaxsmommy2008

Answer by Jaxsmommy2008 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Uw hospital in Madison lets you use your cell phone throughout the hospital unless you are in a area where using it might jepordize medical equipment.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 4:40 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• ya i used mine the whole time i was there they just tell you to turn them off when your about to start to push the baby out
    vanessa0211

Answer by vanessa0211 at 4:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• i am allowed w/my hospital - you gotta ask the hospital
    my hospital allows cell phones but says NO to filming the birth (still-frame photos are ok)
    vakatia

Answer by vakatia at 4:42 PM on Oct. 27, 2008