What would you say is the biggest issue couples with large age differences face?

BigfordBrat

Asked by BigfordBrat at 9:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• judgment from other people.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I agree, judgement from other people. My husband is 9 years older than me. I was 17 and he was 26 when we started dating. Now I am 21 and he's 30. Other people always have to focus on that age difference, like it's wrong. But truthfully my husband is very mature and I am very mature for my age, so we go together very well.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 9:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• with each other: I'd say relating to each other based on their experiences in life. The younger one would see things in a different and maybe less experienced way then the older one, who may in turn be unwilling to accept new ways of thinking.

to the outside world: judgement, for sure
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:47 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I totally agree with y'all my bf and i are 18 years apart but anybody who knows us will tell you there is no doubt God made us with the other one in mind, but we always always hear stuff from people, especially family members...my family thinks he's just after young booty and his family thinks I'm just a bimbo...but they've learned to keep their mouths shut...lol
    BigfordBrat

Comment by BigfordBrat (original poster) at 9:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• my dad is 13 years older than my mom. if you think about it, when he was 13 my mom was just born. when she was 10, he was 23 (that seems so wrong) when they met, my mom was 24 and my dad 37 (not so bad). now they're 50 and 63. as they age the difference doesnt seem as appalling to some.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:49 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Differences in maturity and life experience.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 9:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yeah my bf and I are 45 and 27 ( I am 27) and talk about seeming wrong...lol...he was having his first kid when I was in 3rd grade...lol
    BigfordBrat

Comment by BigfordBrat (original poster) at 9:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• In our case, energy levels :)
    CassyzMom

Answer by CassyzMom at 10:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• First of all what is large in your opinion????
    secondly i believe its the fact that the older partner starts taking on that father/mother role instead of the spouses role...happens in my marriage...my husband is 10 years older then i am ...he looks great and all but i have noticed that he under minds me all the time. that is the biggest problem in my opinion.
    Ladyblue38

Answer by Ladyblue38 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would think being judged by others. Some would see it as cradle robbing.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2010