Does your child do worksheets in kindergarten? Do you think they should?

Needed to know for future reference in looking for kindergarten that suits my child. I want to find a school that does that believe in worksheets for learning. Trying to get a variety of opinions and information on what you think kids should do in kindergarten and what they ACTUALLY do. Thanks in advance.

allmomma

Asked by allmomma at 10:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Yes, my son does lots of worksheets! He also has homework 3 days a weeks, and projects too! He loves it, and so do we!
    jasesmommy0529

Answer by jasesmommy0529 at 10:07 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My daughter did have some sheets she brought home to do last year. Not a lot but here and there. She loved it and it was nice to see what they were working on.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes, she loves them. We do about 2-3 worksheets a day as part of the curriculum we use, then she usually asks for more,lol. So I will print some off the comp. or get some out of little workbooks I pick up.
    RheaF

Answer by RheaF at 10:15 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I don't think they did a lot of worksheets in K for my son, they did a lot of reading and writing practice, and I really liked the way they handled things.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I personnaly think that Kindergarten should not have homework. I think that all work should be done in school for at least the first year that the chikd is in school. But, first graders watch out@
    Irontontiger

Answer by Irontontiger at 10:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes my son did worksheets in kindergarten, he also did worksheets in day care. I did not think it was appropriate. I am a child care teacher, and of course I have taken classes to do this. My teachers always said how inapprpriate it was for kids in grades lower then 1st especially. I think that they need more hands on, 3 dimmensial activities that show them how something works, or why something is not just a piece of paper that shows/tells it to them.
    AnitaB27

Answer by AnitaB27 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes, they did. I think it's great to have worksheets or even homework.
    JessieLim

Answer by JessieLim at 1:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think most do, best thig to do would be to ask!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:38 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My 4 YO is in pre school and does worksheets. It is VERY important IMO for it helps develop her handwriting skills. They practice writing letters and their names.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Trying to find a school that dosnt give ANY worksheets?? good luck with that, I think work sheets are a part of life in school. No, they shouldnt be only doing them, I like when kids get to do hands on stuff and that, but its good practice for printing and all that.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010