Do you have your childs bday party on the actual day??

jasesmommy0529

Asked by jasesmommy0529 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It depends on if their birthday falls on a weekend or not. If not, we usually have it the weekend after.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 10:23 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• nope, his birthday is thanksgiving week... or in the case this year ON Thanksgiving. We will have a cake for him that night, but his party is the weekend before
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If it's on a weekend yes. During the week, either before or after. This year, it will be about a week before, but his GGMa will be in town :)
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 10:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We usually have the family birthday on the real day. The kids party is usually the following weekend or the weekend after that. Sometimes it is hard to get everything together. I try not to procrastinate.

tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Rarely. If the birthday happens to be on a weekend, we might. But really we just do it within a week or 2 of the birthday at a date that is convenient for us.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• But I always make a huge deal on the actual day. I sing with candles at all 3 meals, we give presents and have a cake for our family.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We don't have a party for every kid on every birthday. We have a cake that I make, we have a meal that they want, ON their birthday, but on the rare occasion we have a party, it's on a weekend - whether the kid's birthday is on the weekend or during the week.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My youngest was born in June, so as long as it doesn't fall on Father's Day, we'll celebrate it on the day of if its on a weekend. My youngest was born over Labor Day weekend, so he never gets his birthday party on the actual day. Regardless of what day it is, they'll get a special birthday dinner of their choosing.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:11 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If it works on and falls on a weekend that's perfect. If not, the party is usually the weekend before or after. If that happens, I usually just do a family birthday on the actual day. Small event for that one! Just the cake!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:12 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Depends what day the b-day falls on.
    imsupermoma

Answer by imsupermoma at 11:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2010