• In the Spotlight:

does habit just sound like a nice word for addition?

JeffsBaby1

Asked by JeffsBaby1 at 10:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• addiction? sometimes. depends what your talking about. I have a habit of eating lunch everyday, but its not an addiction. :) - example
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• depends on what it is, I have a bad habit of day dreaming when I do dishes, but I am not a day dreaming addict.
    ejkmommy

Answer by ejkmommy at 10:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Addiction is not a bad word. It is the name of a disease. That a treatment and cure needs to be found.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:22 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• habits and addictions are not the same thing
    http://www.womenofspirit.com/index.php?id=32
    mamakrysoftwo

Answer by mamakrysoftwo at 10:27 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• sorry, not enough info
    i've caught him looking at/ watching porn and he does it again and again, even though he knows how i feel about it. he says its habit becayse he's never really had a gf before and he looked at it when he was single/b4 me...

it sounds like addiction to me. i mean he has me now and i don't turn him for pretty much anything unless somethings really wrong with me...
    JeffsBaby1

Comment by JeffsBaby1 (original poster) at 10:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• turn him down... srry
    JeffsBaby1

Comment by JeffsBaby1 (original poster) at 10:32 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It can be an addiction, esp if he cant control himself enough to stop and there is therapy for that. He can be helped. He may not quit cold turkey or may learn to do it more discreetly (it all takes time), but at least its something to work on. Don't give up and good luck.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 10:35 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Keep his mind off of it. =) Spend time with him. Have him help you with dinner. Stuff like that. Do you live together?
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 10:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• every other week
    JeffsBaby1

Comment by JeffsBaby1 (original poster) at 10:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• if he is addicted to porn
    it does not matter what you do in bed for him
    you could be swinging from the ceiling while performing oral sex on him while your toes were trimming his hair etc etc etc
    his addiction (if he has one) has NOTHING to do with you and you can not do anything about it
    it is his choice, do NOT listen to anyone that tells you that IF YOU ONLY DID THIS..then he would stop watching porn

he is watching because he chooses to
    if this habit/addiction is effecting his life- it is he that needs to change

not that i have any strong opinions on this topic-lol
    email if you wish, i have left my partner who decided to make porn his life rather than his family
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010