How can I post a topic appropriately?

I am a behavioral specialist/parent coach and just began a project on preschool bullies. Due to the recent media attention with suicides due to bullying starting at age 12, I felt that I wanted to work on this project. I see 3 year old children bullying! I am just starting a blog on preschool bullies and want to direct parents to the site so that I can learn more about parent concerns in this area. I want to post appropriately and not look like span because that is not my intention. I'm just very concerned and want to develop a program to teach parents and teachers what to look for and how to differentiate bullying from age appropriate arguing.. I have seen warnings on Cafe Mom to not post websites. I don't want to break any rules but want to direct mom's to the site to read the information I posted and get comments and concerns from them. www.helpmealison.com Please let me know how I can do this and not violate rules.

AlisonAstair

Asked by AlisonAstair at 10:33 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in About CafeMom

• Start a group, women with kids in school can use your help. And with more parents educating them-selfs you have more power to make the school do something.
    Thank you
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 10:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think the group idea is good and on point. Also watch the questions and answers and ask them to request you as a friend. Explain in your request or response the purpose of the request. That way they can choose.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm commenting to both of the suggestions that were sent. That's a great idea with the group. Just have to read and figure out how to do that! I understand about requesting friends, I think. Are you meaning to request someone as a friend who has written about bullying or something similar? I'm so new to this, sorry for the simple questions! I read everywhere that you can't post your site, so of course I haven't. But I want to get people directed to the bog and certainly don't want to look like spam break any rules. How can I get the site known otherwise? Did you mean to send a note to each person on a friends list and mention the site? That feels like it would take a long time to get many people! Since this is geared to the preschool age group, how can I direct it specifically that way. As you can read, I don't want to break the rules!
    AlisonAstair

Comment by AlisonAstair (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Oct. 14, 2010