What meds are you allergic to?

I found out yesterday I am allergic to Relpax! (migraine meds). I woke up with my migraine and my mom gave me half of one, about 4 hours later I still had the migraine, so she gave me a whole one. Within 2 hours my tounge was swollen, I was soo dizzy, neck and jaw hurt, it was getting hard to swallow, chest started to get tight... Not a fun night! But lesson learned!! Feeling a million times better today. So what meds are you allergic too?

jedwards2009

Asked by jedwards2009 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Health

• Pennicillin and Sulfa
    Carolannie

Answer by Carolannie at 10:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• penicillin

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 10:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• None. My mother and my daughter are allergic to sulpha drugs but I'm not. Weird!
    beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• penicillin, EES and codine
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 10:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sulfa. Last time I took advil I broke out in hives for a week.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 10:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i am allergic to codine
    mommylisar

Answer by mommylisar at 10:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• azithromycin
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• codeine!!!
    michaux

Answer by michaux at 11:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm allergic to opiates. Codeine causes me to have violent hallucinations and slows my heart down. Demerol (and yes, I know it's a synthetic) put me into respiratory distress and nearly caused me to have a heart attack, along with the violent hallucinations.

I was given a Demerol IV push in the hospital and when they came in to check on me, my HR was down to 18, my BP was 46/35 and my body temp was 96. I was pale white, except that my nailbeds and lips were blue. I had to be rushed in for emergency surgery and they initially refused to sedate me because they were afraid in that state I wouldn't revive.

Needless to say, I'm a LOT more careful about what pain medications I allow myself to be given. I ask a TON of questions and I usually never take a full dose the first time OR take it while I'm home alone.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:28 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• None, that I'm aware of.
    imsupermoma

Answer by imsupermoma at 11:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2010