when do u start planning for thanksgiving

diana398

Asked by diana398 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Right now! i was just planning the dinner menu with my mom!
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:31 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I usually just punt and plan maybe 2 weeks in advance. This year we are invited to a friend's, so all that's left to do is figure out a way to tell our families.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I plan the menu around the beginning of November.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• About 2 weeks before I make out the menu, shopping list, plan a time line of when I'll cook everything.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 11:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Depends on where we are having it. I haven't had the crowd at my house in a long time, this year we are up North. No cooking!!
    which means of course- Bad food for like the 5th year in a row D:
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 11:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I normally start the first week of November.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 12:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• ugh now for my husbands family and happily in Nov with my sis for our families.My husbands mother always hired a certain caterer to serve and cook Thanksgiving Christmas,and Easter.She retired 6 years ago.We all have housekeepers but all but one BIL and family seem to think I am the cook/housekeeper.So I take my MIL's credit card with her permission and buy everything premade...Honey baked Ham, smoked turkey,veggies,sides,appys.deserts.throw away plates and knives and forks.My immediate family does it all from start to finish with some help from the good BIL and his family but they are at her parents every other year.He has 5 brothers and the oldest have married children with kids There are between 50 to 75 depending on who bring friends No one helps or says THANK YOU,when I ask for help they stir around and disappear.I do this for my kids.When MIL.dies it is over ..Sorry for the vent I was starting my list this A.M.

drfink

Answer by drfink at 12:37 PM on Oct. 14, 2010