What would you do in this situation? Kind of scared.

So I am out of town on a conference by myself and across the country from where I live. On the first night I was here, I drank in the bar and talked with the bartender a bit. He asked if he could 'show me around' on my last night and I said 'umm, yeah, ok' thinking of course I will not have to see him again. Well, last night he called my room! He knows I am married. I was very creeped out by it. He wanted to know 'how I was doing' and why he hadn't seen me. I am here for one more night. I just changed rooms, but am wondering if I should tell the hotel management. What if he finds out and gets angry with me? I am scared to be here alone with him able to look up my room #. Plus I am scared to even walk out in the lobby for fear he will be there! My husband knows all about this and is also afraid for me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He's not doing anything he wasn't lead to believe would be okay. You shouldn't have given him the idea that there could be more than a chat in a bar one night.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Change hotels..
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 10:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You lead him to believe that you would hang out with him. You're married, you should know better than to accept a 'show around' from some guy you don't know. Should have been honest, then you wouldn't be in the predicament.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• And I suppose if he rapes her that would also be her fault Ginger. Some help you are.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• He's going to rape her because he called the room? Seriously?
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• kinda agree with Ginger.
    Tell the hotel guy that you don't want anyone to know your room number or contact you under any circumstances, including your husband. (advise your hubby of this of course)
    i think you shoudl tell the guy also if you can that you were just drowning your sorrows, and didnt mean in any way to lead him down the garden path.. say sorry and get on with it.

dont worry too much, no use getting all worked up when it is not likely to escalate.
    otherwise if your really concerned change hotels.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My comment is more about the attitude that women are 'asking for it,' which is what your response denotes. The question wasn't 'should I have done this?' it's 'what do I do now?'
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 10:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• All he did was call her. She told him her room number. She took up his offer. She is now scared because he was interested after all their talking?

This has nothing to do with rape. All he did was call and ask about her...after they talked and she agreed to hang out.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• You don't do a damn thing. Just tell him you decided you no longer want to hang out. And that is only if he either calls or shows up. Damn. Nothing to be creeped out by.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:00 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would definitly talk to the managment tell them that if someone calls looking for you, they are not to give out your room number. Or any other information about you, or as supermommy said change hotels all together. When you are walking around in the hotel make sure you have something that you could use as a weapon in your hands ready, keys are great because you can jam the pointed part in there eye to get away, and it doesnt look like you are being paranoid walking around with keys in your hand. Go with yor instincts on this, and be overly cautious if you need to.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2010