what are my chances?

i was induced the last 2 pregnancies and i was wondering if i could still go into labor by myself or will prob have to be induced again? what are my chances on going on my own really?

Mommmy_To_3

Asked by Mommmy_To_3 at 10:57 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Of course you can go into labor on your own. Inductions are typically unnecessary. The baby has to come out at some point, when it and your body is ready.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• why did you have to be induced in the first cases?? how far over due were you ? i found when i was over with my daughter i saw an acupuncturist and she came that night.. not only natural but i definately believe it works. try and relax and do the pelvic excercises on the excercise ball, walk around and just be happy.. remember bubs will come when she/he is ready.

goodluck with the birth
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Why were you induced? And even comatose ladies give birth. Baby WILL release a hormone when it is done cooking. Tell the doc HELL no to an induction unless baby's heartbeat is crazy or something like that..no need to be induced.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:02 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• And another thing..unless your fluid is low or your placenta is deteriorating, you can go 42, 43 and 44 weeks and still be fine. MANY women have done it...
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:03 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• im not sure why i was induced and i wasnt late or anything ........he just said pick a date and went on about his day and that date i was induced and had the kids lol
    Mommmy_To_3

Comment by Mommmy_To_3 (original poster) at 11:09 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• FInd a different doctor, they are inducing you out of convinience not because they have to. Dont just go with anything they say, ask questions, why do you want to induce me? A lot of doctors like to just have the day picked out so they dont have ot worry about coming in in the middle of the night, or like for a friend of mine because they were going to be away on vacation. You have every chance to go into labor naturally, in my opinion unless there is a medical reason to induce, they shouldnt be inducing you at all. Even if you are late, (at least under two weeks, and the baby is monitoring ok) there is no reason to induce. Let that baby come when its ready, not when it is convinient to your doctor.
    -LovingMamma-

Answer by -LovingMamma- at 11:19 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Ask your doc...
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 11:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• HOLY CRAP!!! That is wrong and dangerous. FIND A NEW DOCTOR!!!

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Give your body a chance to do it it self hun, induction may be needed sometimes but it sounds totally ridiculous to be induced for no reason at all. Good luck x
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 12:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I too was induced 2 times too, there is nothing wrong with it.. sometimes it has to happen when your body can't do it.. There had to be good reasons why they induced you both times.Both boys were healthy as can be, born screaming! lol I am on my 3rd pregnancy too and the midwifes told me there shouldn't be any problem but if there is then they would do what was necessary for a healthy delivery. Don't let anyone get you all freaked out about it. Just assume your body will let you know what's going on and let the doctors take care of the rest. Maybe you should find out the facts why they are doing what their doing? and also see why in the oast they induced you? you can obtain your medical records anytime you wish ;)
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010