What becomes of children that are now teenagers when their mother is always partying?

I mean this woman is nearly 50 years old and don't know when to stay home and be a mom she recently kicked her dh out due to cheating so now she is really painting the town. But my main concern is the teenage kids.
they are doing their own thing no one is there to discipline them :( so they are going to do what they want.

Are you one of these kids somewhere in your life and how did you turn out. thanks Ladies.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• My parents were always out and partying. As a teen I did drink alot, and really wish I wouldnt have. But my parents didnt care and they used to actually get it for me. It was fun and I thought I was lucky at the time. But they have never changed, they still go out all the time and do whatever they want. Im actually raising my now 11 y/o brother because neither of my parents did. I have pretty much had him with me since birth. I now rarely drink, unless I go out with friends, which is pretty rare. But, I do wish I would have had normal parents who actually cared about us. One good thing that came of it, is now I know to never be like them. I think Im a better person now because of the struggles I had to go through then. But alot of relatives in my family also were in the same situation and I realized it can go one way or the other. You can be just like your parents, or aspire to have more in life and take them as an example of
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 11:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sounds like my life.... I've been struggles I made mistakes just like everyone else. But I married, had two beautiful children and a college degree. It helped having a positive influence in my life, my grandma. We walked every night and raised me till I was 8 when my grandpa died, and she became ill. I still have some mental issues due to my childhood and my teenager period but I'm a stronger person for experiencing what I went through. It's all up to the individual, you either except your life or you do something about it. I did something about it and now I'm happy. My siblings excepted it and now they are losers.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:24 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm not one of those kids, but I was one of those mothers for a time. In the past two years, I had a lot of things going on in my life. I was never home, out all the time and also cheated on my husband. I'm not proud of what I did, I regret a lot of what happened. From my teenager's perspective, he was angry and rightfully so. I moved out, partied all the time and left him with his father that he doesn't get along with. Once I had not done laundry due to the partying, he was so made he told me Maybe you start acting like a mom. I'm home now, the partying has stopped and during that time I was diagnosed with Bipolar, alot happened leading up to that My son has come out a good person, I've apologized and have rebuilt our relationship. One of the thing he told is that he would never be like me, that my actions taught him what not to do. I think she'll lose her children due anger and resentment, if it doesn't stop.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:21 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• "My siblings excepted it and now they are losers. "

That's interesting because that's the exact same thing I would say about my siblings. Growing up in my house was not the greatest, and I think alot of my issues stem from that (from teenager to now), but I have come out the other side stronger, even with all the mistakes I've made. My siblings unfortunately haven't figured that out yet.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 11:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• what not to be. Thankfully, myself & my brothers and sisters have all chosen to NOT be like our parents, and to do something meaningful and have stable lives for ourselves and our familys. I dont see either of my parents often and they dont help at all with my brother. But I think its better that way personally.
    xxMasonsMommaxx