How can I send a box of food to a family of my choice?

I would like to anonymously send a box of food to a friend and her family. How can I do this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Is this a family you already have in mind or are you looking for a family?

If you're close enough, just wait til they're not home and drop the food off on the porch. Otherwise, you can still always just put a "TO" address on the box to ship it without the "return" address...you just risk the chance of it not arriving there.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• It's one I have in mind. I guess I'm wondering if there is a place I can "order" the food from and have it delivered.
    Anonymous

• You might be able to contact a local grocery store & ask if they'll deliver something. Explain who you are & why you're doing it.
    Otherwise netgrocery is a site you can order groceries for & have delivered. My mom has used them in the past.
    http://shop.netgrocer.com/shop.aspx?&sid=24770794&sid_guid=2fe4be22-8d04-47cc-9d71-f477006747dc&strid=2D462&sc=wwwNG_D1A024EE&ns=1
    redfairy41

Answer by redfairy41 at 4:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• In my area we have what's called a Gopher agency...it's online shopping. Maybe they have this in your area?

http://www.centsible.net/grocery-delivery.shtml

ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 5:33 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I really do not have the answer you are looking for but as a mother of 3 that was recently out of food and money I wanted to tell you that you are awesome for wanting to help somebody!
    imtheonlysane1

Answer by imtheonlysane1 at 10:41 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I know there is a moms helping moms group here...they may be able to assist you.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:34 AM on Oct. 28, 2008