Wedding day with a 16 mo old!

My fiance and I are getting married next Friday (yay!) and we are having some scheduling conflicts with our little boy. He usually naps from 12:30 to 3PM and is on a very regimented schedule with daycare.

Our pictures start at 1:30PM followed by a 4:30 ceramony and a 6PM reception.
Im going to try to have him take a nap as early as possible but he may not- and if he doesn't nap well he won't last long at the wedding.

I'm really afraid that he is going to be cranky for pictures and he will always look back and feel sad that he either wasn't in any or looked miserable.

We are going to pack a baby bag with jammies, books, comfort snacks and other toys that will hopefully help. Any other suggestions???

gabesmama13

Asked by gabesmama13 at 11:26 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Maybe move his schedule a little bit starting today. Maybe start putting him to bed early and then waking him up early and setting his nap time on an earlier time but let him nap for maybe 1 1/2 hours instead on 2 1/2 hours
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:28 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Just take the pictures- If the child goes to sleep then pick him up and take a picture of him while he's sleeping that way you will be able to show him what wa going on. No one is going to know how things are going to turn out- just be happy and quit sweating the small stuff!
    Irontontiger

Answer by Irontontiger at 11:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• anytime i wanted to hurry up and put my child to sleep she could tell and it took longer than normal. Could he go to daycare for his nap and be picked up at 3 and be dressed for the ceremony? He will be in plenty of pictures after the ceremony or during it.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Have two or three people delegated as caregivers. Be sure they are people that he is very comfortable with.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:29 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If he is awake cool but if not just hold him in some pics anyways he is goonna know he was there but will not remember so why does it matter.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My son was 16 mo when we got married. I made sure he napped beforehand... why 3 hours between pictures and the wedding, though? Don't you usually do pictures between the wedding and reception?

He actually slept in my lap as I was getting my hair done, haha!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Ive actaully been freaking out about this too. Im not gettin married til may next year but my ds will be 2 then and I will have a 2 month old!!! I plan on breastfeeding again so its gonna be a long day lol. PLus I wanna make sure I get pics with us and our kids. The way my ds naps now he will miss the ceremony and then some. Lol although Im sure by then he will be on a differ schedule, but I imagine the new baby will sleep most of the day away...sorry I dont have any advice, just letting u kno ur not alone on this one! good luck and like the other moms said, take some pics with the LO sleeping!!
    misssababe1128

Answer by misssababe1128 at 10:43 AM on Oct. 16, 2010