How do i not lose my patience....

I am almost 8 wks prego and i also babsit a few days a week....i have watched babies for years and never had a problem or felt this way....i get soo frusterated with this child...im not mean or anything but i just want to scream sometimes....i know its hormones because im a witch to my husband at times....not on purpose but the smallest thing could set me off....how am i not suppose to feel like this...it makes me feel like a horrible person......

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hahaha.. you remind me of me.. god when i was pregnant i was a dragon. ! it is hormones. but then again before i had DD i wasnt a fan of kids. and even now i find i can't tolerate uncontrolable kids.. I know kids will be kids, but i get annoyed when parents dont show any discipline (not physical of course) but respect etc, and the kids play up and it does my head in.

maybe have a break or try not to baby sit that kid?? remember when your preggos hormones go mental and it can be hard to stay patient. like i said i couldnt stand kids when i was pregnant, now i am a mother i am way more tolerable of others children. lol.
    Weldo1983

Answer by Weldo1983 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• We all at some point feel that way.

If you can get a 5 minute time out you will be alright.

Don't feel horrible, whether we admit or not we all get fustrated, and being pregnant it was more fustrating at times for me too.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I totally hear ya, I'm 13 weeks and have a 2 year old. He is really well behaved, I am so lucky, but now, the smallest thing just sets me off. I have been taking a lot of deep breaths and just talking myself into being more patient, it's tough :)
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• sometimes... when you want to scream.. just take your self out of the room of any kids and scream! i promise it will help
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 2:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Just put the kids in a safe place and give yourself a few min to relax. Take some deep breaths and just tell your self their parent will he here in what ever time min or hrs it is what helped me out. GL
    Rhiannon1980

Answer by Rhiannon1980 at 2:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• that's what I call my momma time out
    momof4kids257

Answer by momof4kids257 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• walk away, breath, and rethink your impatience at that time
    Trying2bME5729

Answer by Trying2bME5729 at 4:40 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• It is hormonal, and you need to take a break, mommy. Try throwing some ice cubes at a fence if you are frustrated or get away from kids (assuming that they are all safe) and scream into the pillow. Good luck!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 4:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• close your eyes and try to block out the chaos for a minute., then after that you may be able to deal with that chaos a little better. I call them my "mini vacations"
    mommyporter

Answer by mommyporter at 8:49 PM on Oct. 15, 2010