Acrylic home nails kit?

Has anyone used those kits that you can use at home to put acrylic on your nails like the salons do? DO they work? I bought one and want to try it, but not using the fake nails it comes with, i want to use my own.

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have attempted it several times. And it ends up looking good. But, the downfall to that is that they don't stay on for very long. They keep falling off and won't stay looking new. So, i gave it up and decided to just pay the $20-$30 dollars to get them done. I hate doing that because i love saving money. And that' ain't savin'..LOL
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 11:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am a licensed nail technician and it took me two years of training 4 times a week to get it right. It's a waste of money. Especially if you don't know where to re enforce the nail, and know how to keep acrylic off the cuticle, and keep your brush clean and mix the proper ratio of polymer to monomer. If you don't know how to manipulate the acrylic properly you won't get a good seal and they will fall right off.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Doesn't matter, if you don't seal the nail and file it properly they will pop off, it all still applies.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I tried it once3 and it didn't turn out very well. I think it was Sally Hansen or something. I think with practice it would look good.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I used one when i was in highschool and they looked like crap. It was probably because i didn't know what i was doing but i followed the directions and everything.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am looking to do them with my own nails, not the fake ones that come with the kit.
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 12:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Whether you apply an artificial tip really doesn't matter.
    Musicmom80

• OK, i gotcha. Thanks.
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 12:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• also a nail tech and yeah- if you don't know how the stuff works and how to build it properly then you are gonna waste a lot of time and probably be very frustrated
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I know every time I try to do my own nails it looks like crap. I would just go and have them done.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 2:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010