My son has been coughing, sneezing, and has a runny nose...

i don't have the extra money to take him to the doctors right now
is there something over the counter i could get him?
he is 10 months.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There's no point taking him to the doc anyway. Don't give him any cold medicine, he just has to wait it out. I use saline drops on my sons nose and use a nasal aspirator to suction anything out.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 11:39 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i would give him plenty of fluids. a nice soothing vapor bath. and saline drops. if he comes down with a fever then i would take him to the doc.
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 11:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yeah, I agree with Shanna84. My 6 mo old son had the same thing a few weeks ago. I called the doc and they said not to come in, just use saline drops if his nose gets dry and crusty with boogers, then suction it out with the nose sucker thing (Little Noses is the name brand of the saline drops and it can be found at most drug stores). If the nose isn't crusty, just suction out the runny boogers so the baby can breath through it. They also recommended getting a cool mist humidifier for his room to run at night. Good luck!
    jacksmom1225

Answer by jacksmom1225 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• As long as there is no fever just let it run its course. just go with what every one else has said
    Rhiannon1980

Answer by Rhiannon1980 at 2:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• tyleno for babies!
    Ms.TM

Answer by Ms.TM at 5:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010