I do childcare from my home and am having trouble finding children to watch. Does anyone know a way to find parents who need sitters?

I live in kingsport

shandab23

Asked by shandab23 at 11:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• Craiglist, your local paper, Meetup.com.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 11:40 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Have you tried craigslist?
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 11:41 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Word of mouth and let schools and churches have your info. Talk to neighbors and let them know you are looking for a few more kids.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• are you a licensed provider, if so make sure you are listing with your local child care resource and referral agency
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would see if they would let me leave fliers at the local schools in the front office.
    mommy11260

Answer by mommy11260 at 11:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• if you live in an apartment complex, you could post flyers by the mailboxes. if you live in a neighborhood, you could go around and spread the word to some of your close neighbors. craiglist is another way, but im not sure how many people would pick a babysitter off of craiglist you know? and like peanutsmommy said, if you're licensed go through a referral agency. good luck!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• A lot of child care providers are really struggling right now.

I work for a child care resource and referral agency...have you connected with your local CCR&R?They are a good resource. 

http://www.childcareaware.org/docs/pubs/201e.pdf     <10 Tips for marketing your child care program.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 11:45 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Are you overpriced?
    Do you provide care for the age group where it is needed?
    How do you present yourself and your home?
    Do you take drop ins?
    Do you provide snacks and lunch?
    You have to provide what is needed at a fair price.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 11:48 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• First, I'm not saying you are or you aren't but, I really hope you are licensed if you are watching more than one family if you are going to advertise. OK
    Make a cute wooden sighn and put it in your front yard
    Craigslist is helpful
    Local County Daycare Referral
    News Paper ad
    Create a Website and a Facebook Page just for your daycare
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:02 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• ive made a leaflet gone to all my local shops and posted them in the windows may cost a small amount but worth it in the long run. you can also go leaflet dropping in areas near you. chloe
    clo-3

Answer by clo-3 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010