Has anyone really made money through ChaCha? It is a work from home job where you are a guide and answer questions.

I found an entry on Hubpages which I am a member of and the article seems pretty credible but it doesn't support ChaCha. http://hubpages.com/hub/Thinking-of-becoming-a-ChaCha-guide-Read-and-see-if-its-for-you

ChicaThis

Asked by ChicaThis at 11:43 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Money & Work

• I signed up for ChaCha,but it wasn't for me. You have to work way too hard to make any money. It's very little pay per question. Plus, you get a lot of inappropriate and strange questions from people. I skipped the questions I didn't want to answer and then got in trouble for skipping questions! But there are others who seem to love it, so I say it's free, try it!
    CJM_SHM

Answer by CJM_SHM at 11:51 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I was doing ChaCha for about a week and have about $20 coming to me after doing it every evening. I was just planning on letting it build for extra Christmas spending cash. The only reason I quit for a short period of time is because I had to replace my monitor, I'll pick it back up tonight.

It is not going to earn you a living wage or anything, but if you have a debt you want to throw more cash at, or an occasion you want to save up some spending cash for, or just need a little more gas money... give it a try. :) I do it after I lay the kids down for bed and have nothing else to do. It is time consuming for as little as the pay is and isn't something you'd probably want to dedicate hours to daily. I figure I would just be surfing the net after bedtime anyhow so may as well make a few bucks.

Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 11:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I did it but you don't make enough to do it
    mamakrysoftwo

Answer by mamakrysoftwo at 11:55 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I spent HOURS on it and only made about $2 bucks...yeah that pissed me off.
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 12:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i made much more money with kgb then chacha..i didnt have the time to devote to chacha like some moms to to make the big bucks
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• It's not really considered a job, but something to do for spare change, or if you're bored. If you are looking for a job, you could try a telecommuting position for a call center or something. Also, there are jobs like that, labeled "Task Jobs". Amazon Mechanical Turk is such a program as well. You will really never get rich, but if you're looking for something to keep you occupied, that might work.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am currently employed and do all kinds of extra stuff for extra income. My husband and I run a weekend business renting out inflatables and other stuff for kids parties. I do surveys and petsitting on the side too. So far, I've had two petsitting jobs and and have earned more off of that then the 4 survey sites in the past year. Really, I would like to earn a residual income but that's what everyone wants too. Just exploring options... You make more money referring people to the sites!
    ChicaThis

Comment by ChicaThis (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I did it for a while, but it was too much work for too little pay.I got paid 2 times though before I quit!
    Now I do Swagbucks and I am looking into getting liscenced for in home daycare when we move!
    It's not a survey site or a work at home thing, but I do swagbucks. It's a search bar you download, use their search engine to search (I use it when I want to go from site to site too for extra chances to win!)
    You earn "Swagbucks" to redeem for prizes, including gift cards and cash on Paypal! Easy to use, easy to earn and really pays! I get about $25 a month in Amazon.com giftcards! So, it's something you can do doing what you already do, using the internet, to save for a little extra cash, gifts for holidays or birthdays! No spam!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/isra1986
    MIA0223

Answer by MIA0223 at 2:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• How do they earn money? Do they earn when you purchase something from the internet or do they just use your internet surfing habits for studies?
    ChicaThis

Comment by ChicaThis (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Oct. 14, 2010