soooo tired....

ok so its my 12th week being preg and i have been feeling extremely tired/sleepy!!! i didnt go through this with my other two pregnancies, so my question is, for those who felt tired like this, how do you cope with it?? is there anything the dr can prescribe to get rid of it?? i drink coffee or soda, but i hate the fact that im taking in so much caffeine to stay awake... any other methods??? (i cant fall asleep during the day, due to the fact that i have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old to take care of).....

SQ13

Asked by SQ13 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• its just one of those things that comes with the joys of pregnancy!! some women feel fatigued their whole pregnancy, some at the beginning or end, and some might not at all. it just depends. i was always really tired in my 3rd pregnancy too, i remember at halloween and christmas time i would yawn while putting up decorations outside and have to sit down a lot because i was so tired i just could fall asleep right there!

but theres probably nothing you can actually take to help you with that. your diet might play a role in it, eating lots of fruits and veggies, vitamin c, carbs and protein will give you energy.

i had a 3 year old and infant to take care of when i was pregnant, i would always make them take a nap at the same time and sleep when they did, and go to bed super early! it didnt help much though lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• caffine not a good answer
    you will get more energy in 2nd tro, only to lose energy in 3rd
    and with two children and a new baby, you will be tired then too

a few moments to mediatate? i know ..when to find a few moments for yourself
    do your best to take care of yourself, if not a nap, then 'down time' for you
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:54 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• thnx!! i know what u mean, sometimes i feel like im about to fall asleep right there and then, anywhere!! im yawning all the time, so not like me! sometimes i feel like i cant keep up with the kids! they have so much energy!! lol
    SQ13

Comment by SQ13 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Do your kids go to head start or something with my 2 pregnancys I was so sleepy all the time but yeah don't drink too much coffe or soda you don't want that baby with too much caffein it won't let you sleep at night. My mom used to help me with my son so I would go to sleep!!!!!!!!
    krystal2010

Answer by krystal2010 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• your probally more tired being you have two little one to care for on top of being pregnate. maybe you can get someone mid day to watch the kids and you can take a nap.
    supermommy1983

Answer by supermommy1983 at 12:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think it's just your basic first trimester fatigue. I hope for you it gets better, but you are probably feeling it even more this time around because you do have 2 toddlers at home.
    cynprz

Answer by cynprz at 12:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Ive found that Im alot more tired 2nd time around and Im sure its because there's more to do with caring for my 3yr old, taking him to playschool, having to run a home slightly more disciplined than I did before
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 12:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• sorry hit button too early....so yeh running the home more than I did before like keeping up with chorse etc. I try and squeeze a nap in if I can otherwise its early nights all the time whch is no fun is it!
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 12:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I was sleepy all the time and drank a lot of coffee. Our son turned out just fine. My MIL drank like two pots of coffee when she was pregnant with both of her kids, and they turned out just fine. (I limited the amount of Diet caffeinated drinks I had during my pregnancy because my OBGYN told me that they didn't know the effects of the artificial sweetners on the baby.) If the amount of caffeine you are having really bothers you, I would call the doctor and see if there is anything he or she can prescribe you that is safe for the baby. Good luck and Congratulations!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 2:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• im 12 weeks too and im very tired. but i only have a 2 yo to wrangle and right now she's taking "rest time". i really love rest time and so does she. she doesnt have to sleep, but just has to stay in her room for a few hours. she reads, plays w/ toys, and sometimes actually naps. but it give me some precious time to just lay down for a little bit.

id call your dr. some fatigue is normal, but there might be something they can give you!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010