Hey..NPR listeners

Is your local affiliate doing it's pledge drive right now?

If yes, have you heard Alec Baldwin? Do you think he sounds sooooo creepy?

UpSheRises

Asked by UpSheRises at 11:58 AM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• He's been doing the best William Shatner impression the last 5 years of his career...funny in a CREEPY sort of way

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• hoohoohoooo! I truly felt like I got my reward when I stayed with NPR throughout the pledge drive - after four or five days of it (and YES I pledged!), I FINALLY got to hear Ira Glass's pitch! I had been waiting and hoping I would be in the car when they aired it - his pledge drive pleas are always hilarious! (Remember when he called up the cable co. and asked if he could decide for himself how much was fair to pay, like you do with public radio?)

Anyway, to answer your actual question, Ira's talk with Alec Baldwin was SUPER FUNNY! And then later I heard Alec's "levels of giving" bit, and that had me rolling even more! I LOVED IT!

Did he sound creepy? ...well yeah, maybe a bit. But I idenify Alec Baldwin's voice with Red October and The Royal Tennenbaums, so I guess I can't really objectively assess its creepiness.

Fun question! :o)
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 12:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Haven't had a chance to listen today, so not sure if they are or not. They should totally get him to spoof his SNL NPR parody, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• OK, here is the REAL question...

HAVE YOU PLEDGED YET?

*8grin**

We are running several Alec Baldwin spots in our drive right now and they crack me up. Especially the one in which he says "don't pledge."

But what we haven't run yet... and I hope we do run when we wrap up pledge tomorrow... is the NPR Song spot. Here's a link to the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r63Sou9xU9E

Answer by gdiamante at 4:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• OK, here is the REAL question...

HAVE YOU PLEDGED YET?
    ______________________

LOL! No...i will on Science Friday.

UpSheRises

Comment by UpSheRises (original poster) at 4:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• No
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010