Happy National Dessert Day--Please post your absolute favorite from scratch cake or cupcake recipe.

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 12:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Sexy Spicy Chocolate

1¾ C. Boiling Water
    1 C. Oats
    1 C. Brown Sugar
    1 C. Sugar
    ½ C. Butter (soft)
    2 Eggs
    1 T. Minced Chipolte Chiles in Adobo Sauce
    1¾ C. Sifted Flour
    1 t. Soda
    1 t. Salt
    2 T. (heaping) Cocoa Powder
    1 t. Cinnamon
    1 t. 5 Spice
    1 Bag Choc Chips
    --------
    ½ C. Cream Cheese
    ¼ C. Butter
    1 C. Powdered Sugar
    1 t. Cinnamon
    1 T. Cocoa Powder

________________________________________________

In a Medium sized Mixing Bowl, Pour water over oats. Let stand 10 mins.

Add both sugars and butter to Oats. Stir until butter is melted. Add eggs and mix again. In a Separate Bowl, Sift together salt, flour. soda, cocoa, 5 spice, cinnamon. Add to sugar mixture and mix well. Lastly, add the Minced chiles in adobo sauce- (this is the kicker. People Love This!) stir in your bag of Chocolate Chips, pour in your br
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 3:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• no recipes with me, at work, but favorite cake recipe is layered Pistachio cake. Uses Pistachio pudding so the cake is very moist and use the pudding in the frosting as well.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• my favorite cake is the eggless, butterless, milkless cake mt mom makes I dont totaly know it, but I know you put the dry ingrediants in a pan make three wells and put oil in one, coffee in another, and i think water in the last then mix it up it tastw real good though.
    peace013

Answer by peace013 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• One of my favorite desserts to eat growing up was Hazelnut cake. My mom made it in a bundt pan and topped it off with powdered sugar. It included chocolate chips and ground hazelnut. I haven't had it in years. The recipe my mom has is in German and she says it's too much trouble to translate it into English, but I found this from Taste of Home and I'm pretty sure it's the same recipe (I'm going to email it to my mother and ask. The only thing I noticed is that it doesn't say anything about the powdered sugar, but I'm sure that's optional anyway.

Can't fit the recipe in this post, so next one up.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Hazelnut-Bundt-Cake

Ingredients
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    3/4 cup sugar
    2 eggs
    1/4 teaspoon almond extract
    1 cup all-purpose flour
    1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts
    1/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
    In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and extract. Combine flour and baking powder. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips; add to creamed mixture and stir until well mixed.
    Pour into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Nutrition Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 304 calories, 17 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 84 mg cholesterol, 207 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• your mix in your cake pans and bake at 350 for 45 mins to an hour, toothpick will come out clean when inserted in the middle.
    I like to do a cocoa cream cheese frosting with this, and sometimes I will spice that up as well.
    Its yummy and different! Enjoy!
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 3:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• my favorite cake to bake at home is red velvet. i do it all out of the betty crocker box. lol
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• movie mom, can you submit it tomorrow?
    peace, When are you going to talk to your mom?
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• This is wonderful, keep them coming.
    tootoobusy

Comment by tootoobusy (original poster) at 8:06 AM on Oct. 15, 2010