Anyone else past due?

I was due Oct 8th so that makes me 6 days past due already lol. I'll be induced on the 22nd which will make me 42 weeks.

cynprz

Asked by cynprz at 12:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Glad you are willing to wait for nature to take its course. Wishing you a wonderful birth.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 9:19 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I'm due on Halloween.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• OUCH!! hopefully you go before than. You can asked to be induced before than, if its not a midwife. My son was a week late and my daughter was 5 days late. Good luck and Congrats!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Im due October 20th- 6 more days, but had my appointment today and Im still only 3cm, just like I was last week. I have a feeling that Im going to be late.
    ness_033

Answer by ness_033 at 12:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I had one baby within the range and one after.

You are due within the average estimated due period of 38-42 weeks (40 weeks is only a mid-point).
    Getting induced when you're still within that range adds unnecessary risks~ in case you weren't already familiar with this.
    I assumed you aren't because usually moms don't want to add unnecessary risks to their babies-themselves.

(*First time moms don't average 40 weeks, it's 41 weeks, 1 day. This is normal.)

Be sure to create a list of questions about weighing risks and get facts so you can avoid adding unnecessary risks (unnecessary interventions), if you don't already know this.

Best wishes!
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm due on the 22! And it's finally sinking in...i'm terrified!
    youngmm

Answer by youngmm at 12:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I was induced at 40 weeks because I was miserable all the time. I don't think that I could have gone more than that. Thus, you can ask your doctor to be induced before 42 weeks.
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 2:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I hope so too lol, with my first she was also a week late but I was induced with her too.
    cynprz

Comment by cynprz (original poster) at 12:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Well he wanted to induce me tomorrow making me 41 weeks, but I really wanted to go into labor on my own and hopefully I do. But I doubt it because I am not even dilated the least bit so yeah.
    Anonymous

• Ooops didn't mean to go anon lol.
    cynprz

Comment by cynprz (original poster) at 3:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010