I was shown some hope today ...

I am not a very religous person, however my mom and dad are "born again christians" ... The other day when I was there I read about a man ( I think Jeb ) and that there was a flood and he climbed to his roof , a person came to help him before the water got too high but he said no, that God will take care of him, after he was on his roof, a lifeboat came but he turned it away saying God will take care of him, and then a helicopter came to rescue him but he turned it away saying god will take care of him... but of course his house went under and so did he and was mad when he met God, saying I thought you would take care of me, and God said I sent you help and you turned it away...... meaning that god sends us help in little ways, and today I really believe that is what happened to me...

I have posted before that my husband has lost his job, and it has been very hard and stressful and to make it worse * continued below *

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• * didnt mean to post ANON ***

well today we got a letter from our landlord saying she is raising our rent $75 more... we were already having trouble coming up with the regular rent and after learning this I just felt sick to my stomach and I literally felt "beat" ..... but then i opened our electric bill and was VERY surprised because in the last year and a hlaf it hasnt changed - it has been the same every month....but this month it was $75 less .... I was so happy I even fought back tears !!!
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:04 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• also not to mention today is my sons's 2nd birthday, so it is even better !
    2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 12:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• God is awesome! My DH also lost his job, and God has sustained throughout.
    Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 12:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Praise God! I want to encourage you. When I look back now to when I wasn't a Christian I can see how God was watching over me through little things like that. Christianity is not about religious rules and doctrines, it's about love and having a close relationship with God through our Lord Jesus Christ. When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, we are "born again" as stated in the bible. If you'd like to know more, please feel free to contact me. Trust me, He has more where that came from :). I'd love to hear from you. Take care and may you be blessed!
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 2:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• That's a very good analogy of people refusing to see G-d's hand in the little everyday things.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• "God is awesome! My DH also lost his job, and God has sustained throughout."

We had the same experience as well. DH and I went through a rough patch and all through it we always had what we needed, we never lacked food, shelter, health care, etc. The more you acknowledge that G-d is in control, the more He IS in control and gives you what you need. The more you're determined to think that it's all about your own effort or luck, the more things are dependent on external factors like the general economic situation.

Sharon
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 3:49 PM on Oct. 14, 2010