i'm seven months pregnant and have been using the Palmer's lotion for stretch marks... and its not working i have recently noticed stretch marks on my stomach and i dont know why since ive been using this lotion... is there anything else i can use for this??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:51 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Pregnancy

• stretch marks are going to happen no matter what u use. lotions can help with itchy stretching skin, and maybe help to fade them but stretch marks are genetic and theres nothign u can do
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 4:53 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Yeah, stretch marks are just going to happen if they plan on it. You cannot stop them, you can try to prevent them, but it's not a guarantee.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:54 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• The lotions and creams are wonderful for dry, tense skin. Relaxes you and the baby...but they will not prevent stretch marks. Astretch mark actual happens from the inside out. Mostly it's just about your genetic makeup. Some women get none and some get more than their share..most get a few.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 5:00 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• ur lucky ur just getting them i got them with my first starting at 5 months i have strectch marks from pubic area up to me breasts.. and they go sideways too i had a very large baby!! GL with urs
    navywifemomkoch

Answer by navywifemomkoch at 5:02 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Stretch marks are genetic. No amount of lotions and creams can change whether or not you will get them, but it can make them less itchy and uncomfortable. I got a lot of them on my thighs and boobs with my first pregnancy so I'm a little afraid to see what I'll get this time around.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 5:06 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• they are gonna happen you re gonna reduce the apparence but not stop them from coming lol my stomach is proof of that ... my mom had bad ones now i got them lol
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I HAVE USED SHEA BUTTER GREASE THAT HELPS STRETCH MARKS...BUT USE THE GREASE NOT THE LOTION IT'S IN A ORANGE CONTAINER
    babygirl_08

Answer by babygirl_08 at 5:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I used Palmer's through my entire pregnancy. I still got stretch marks everywhere! I have them on my entire stomach, my inner thighs, my breasts and my love handles :( Sadly I think they are genetic and you can't prevent them. My biggest advice is Don't Itch Them!! That will make them much worse.
    Anonymous

• Everything I read says that there is no way to avoid stretchmarks, if you are genetically prone to them, you are going to get them. The only option is a procedure to lighten them.
    the.deadly.mrs

Answer by the.deadly.mrs at 7:23 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Anything with Shea butter is the bomb! Oil or lotion it doesn't matter. I used the lotion and I have no stretch marks.
    onespecialmom

Answer by onespecialmom at 7:49 PM on Oct. 27, 2008