Marriage: When you said "for better or worse" what did that turn out to mean?

What was your best moment together? There are times when everything in life falls into place and it seems impossible to imagine life without him. When was yours?

What was your hardest moment when you had to endure together or fight to make it work? Were you prepared for how hard your "worst" moment would be?

sillyt

Asked by sillyt at 12:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Best: WOW! this is a really great question. I dont know, there are so many great things. I cant imange my life without him more and more everyday. I would have to say our kids births! Expectially the first! It was just such an amazing bonding experience with just my husband and I.

Worst: We have had a lot of bad things happen but never but a strain on our realtionship. Hes in the Army so hes gone A LOT, we almost lost a child, we struggled it just seems like everything we have gone through has just made us stronger. We have only been married 4 years in April. So, maybe in do time. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My husband was laid off the day we returned from our honeymoon, and I was 14 weeks pregnant at the time. I spent my pregnancy massaging his bruised ego. It was really hard on me, but I know this was also really hard on him. We've had a lot of curve balls thrown our way, and we've had our ups and downs, but we still love each other very much.
    We spent a week in Sint Maarten (Caribbean) this summer, and we travel really well together. It was an AMAZING week, and we had SUCH a great time.
    Sometimes when we have a date night, there will be a random moment where I will just look at him, and be overwhelmed with how much I love him. I'll be reminded of why we're together, and how lucky I am sometimes.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Worst: A month ago when I said that the kids and I would be out by the end of the month. That really put the reality of things into perspective for him and things have changed greatly. Genuinely changed.

Best: Has been lately I think. We've had a very rough two year marriage, so the best has been recent events. We hold hands more, are more affectionate, and we generally just are better towards one another. It's really great.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:48 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• For me "for better or worse" turned out to mean that somethings are not worth it....."cheating is the worse and I am better off without.
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The worst: When I started cheating and eventually moved out of the house, leaving everything behind. Later finding out I was Bipolar. My husband stuck through it all, even stayed with me in one of my most depressed states when the guy I cheated with left me. He layed in bed with me for 3 days, held me, fed me, and was just there for me.
    I suppose at the same time that was probably one of the best moments to know that the man I had hurt in such a painful way wasn't giving up on me or our relationship.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• geee...
    worse - having no where to go, and living out of our truck for a month, while I was preggers...
    best - moving into our house here in Nicaragua, after opening up our business, and knowing that everything would be ok...
    SusieQue717

Answer by SusieQue717 at 7:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2010