Why is my Daughter sleeping so much lately?

My 2yo daughter has been sleeping a lot lately. We moved a month and a half ago, and her sleep patterns were all out of wack for a while. But she's just not really getting better. She was staying up until midnight and sleeping until noon. But now that she's going to bed at 9 again she's still sleeping until after 11. She is also still taking her nap during the day. I try to keep it to under an hour because I'm afraid she'll start staying up late again. She acts normal during the day, playing and running around, etc. And she takes a vitamin. Just wondering if anybody else has had this problem and should I be worried.

mamagood81

Asked by mamagood81 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• maybe just a growth spurt?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• i wouldnt be worried... maybe its a growth spurt, or getting used to the new place. If you are really worried I would contact your doctor! Good luck! my son sleeps 9-13 hours and always takes an hour nap. He will be three in April.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Sounds to me like a growth spert.
    A lot of kids do this normally, but generally it's during teething or a growth spert that they do this.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Could be a growth spurt. If you moved to a different time zone, it can take 6-8 weeks for their little bodies to adjust.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 12:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010