what would you say when you tell your mom I LOVE YOU and she never says it back but she does to everyone else?

peace013

Asked by peace013 at 12:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Same thing happened to me with my mother...I just stopped saying it and after 16 years she finally asked why I dont say I love her...then we talked for a few hours and she understood...blah blah blah ...now we dont talk but once a month...eh...her decision not mine.

4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would stop saying it or talk to her about it.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'm sorry, I know how much that hurts. I think I would stop saying it as well. You could try talking to her about it, but the odds are you won't get a satisfying answer. I asked my mom once when I was a kid if she loved me, and her response was that " I should know how she felt, and she shouldn't have to say it." I never asked again....obviously I never forgot. She did tell me she loved me when her brother died, and she has said it a handful of times since.

Love yourself, and fill your life with people who love and care about you. It won't make up for your mother's love, but it will give your life some substance.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would probably stop saying it. I would also ask her "Why?"
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'd ask her why she never told me she loved me. Maybe she has some mental/emotional block that makes it hard for her to say to certain people. Only you know if something has happened between you two to make her not say it.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would say "hey mom you need to tell me you love me too"... Tell her you need to hear ti.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 14, 2010