Okay, legalizing marijuana yes or no?

Yes? or No? And give me your ONE BEST reason for your vote?

I say no, for increased DUI's. To me keeping as many impaired drivers off the street is more important than the revenue the state would get by legally taxing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes for medical purposes.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 12:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes, for many reasons, but best reason is for medical purposes. My mom suffered with MS for years and years, this may have helped her.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 12:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes. I would rather hang with a Stoner than an Alcoholic.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:22 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Oh I guess I should have mentioned it is already legal here in CA for medical purposes. I'm fine with that.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• oh man thats a toughy. I have always beleive NO, but lately I have been leaning towards yes. I think it could possibily help our economy. Same rules as beer. you cant do it in public. you have to be 21 to buy. If we had a device to show if you have been DUI. I dont know... Im still up in the air about it... I think as of now though Im still going with No. LOL Im usually never indecisive about these things.
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• YES, People are smoking it now! It could be regulated and taxed. One of the reasons it hasn't been legalized is due the fact that you can't do a breathalizer like alcohol. You can tell if someone has used it but not when.

Obviously you don't live in MN where everyone seems to have at least one DUI and a lot have two to four. I think alcohol is way worse than weed, it makes people violent, and irrational, weed just makes you a little stupid. I don't however condone overuse of anything, nor do I condone driving while under the influence either.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• oh and medical HELL YES!!! My dad had cancer and it always helped him eat and feel better!!!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• if it is used for medical reasons than it should be sold with the rest of the other drugs. A drug store not a green house that are popping out all over Colorado.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think it's ridiculous for marijuana to be illegal while alcohol and cigarettes are legal.
    Erin814

Answer by Erin814 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yes, and tax the crap outta it! just like alcohol and cigs.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 12:27 PM on Oct. 14, 2010