Would You Be Mad If Your S/O Did This? adult content

Ok, my husband is currently out of town every week 5 days at a time, for the drilling company he works for. Last night when I was talking to him on the phone, I heard his roommate (company puts them up in hotel) ask if he (my hubby) was going to the titty bar tonight (last night).

Personally, I really don't mind if he goes, but I DO mind that he tried to lie and say his roomy was just joking because he knew Hubby was talking to me. He just gets this tone of voice that I know when he lies. PLUS! A minute later, hubby told the guy he was talking to his wife on the phone. Why would he need to tell him that if he the roomy supposedly already knew?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:26 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Yeah, I'm with you. I wouldn't care if my hubby went to a strip club (does your hubby know it's okay?), but the lying is what would get to me. Bring it up to him when he gets home. Just ask him matter-of-factly why he felt the need to lie to you about it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• hhmmm. I wouldnt mind hm husband going if he wanted to but I would also be pissed if he lied! That is the bigger issue. If its no big deal why are you lying about it. Best of Luck!
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yea I'm with you. He might've felt that you would be upset. Don't get me wrong, you shouldn't condone his lying, but it could've been through good intentions that he avoided to be honest.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 12:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'd be extremely angry that he lied especially since he's gone from home so much. It must be hard to have trust in that situation when your husband doesn't deserve to be trusted.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yeah, I would definitely be pissed that he tried to lie about it.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 12:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Maybe he was embarrassed? I don't know, but I know some guys are cool with talking about that stuff with "the guys" but they like to keep it from their woman so she doesn't think ill of them. It might annoy me a little that he was trying to hide it or whatever, but I probably would have joked back with something like, "Tuck a $5 in a hot chicks thong for me!" or something like that. I wouldn't read too much into it or get too upset. Tell him that you're cool with him going, but you don't want him to feel like he has to lie about it to you. He doesn't have to come out and say "I'm going to a strip club tonight, honey!" but if you overhear a friend/roomie saying something about it, he doesn't have to be freaked out or cover it up.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Thank you ladies. All of your answers were helpful. I will talk to him about it tonight, and let him know I don't mind him going, but not to lie about it.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010