I am 10 weeks pregnant and have had 1 early u/s at 6wks to confirm dates. The u/s tech could only see 1 sac and a healthy hb of 110. My uterus is already at my bellybutton......is it possible they missed a 2nd baby? What else could cause my uterus to be so large so quick? Could there be something seriously wrong? I'm nervous but excited in hopes for twins and can't stop thinking about it.

Also, at 15dpo my HCG levels were 876 and at 17dpo they increased to 2316 (which is not quite triple) I found this concerning because my last child had a hcg level of 40 at 12dpo with a level of only 96 at 14dpo.....BIG DIFFERENCE!

Mommo3

Asked by Mommo3 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Could be twins. That's pretty high hCG. Plus, measuring at 20 weeks (where the belly button is) is really big for 10 weeks. Have they listened for a heartbeat yet? The Doppler may be able to pick it up. You can also try requesting another u/s.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Is this your first child? A lot of times, after your first, you start to "show" a lot sooner.
    MommySwiggles

Answer by MommySwiggles at 12:39 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• MommySwiggles, this is my 4th pregnancy.....i'm sure this is different from the others. I want to be excited, but it seems like they would have seen 2 babies or 2 sacs if it were multiples. My dr. is ordering an u/s for tomorrow!!!!! Yay! Atleast I will know for sure what's going on. sigh.
    Mommo3

Comment by Mommo3 (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would ask them for another u/s to make sure and good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 1:17 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I am surprised that your OBGYN didn't look around to make sure that there was only one baby in there. My doctor has always done that. Good luck. I hope that everything turns out to be great! Congratulations!!!
    Svetlana98usa

Answer by Svetlana98usa at 2:32 PM on Oct. 14, 2010