Are you 50 pounds or more overweight and have found love?

Meaning, were you overweight when you found love? I am a confident woman and I know people see me as such...I guess I'm just in a funk and need some encouragement. I'm attractive, but overweight and feel that men don't give me a second look. I'm happy, always smiling and confident, so whats the deal? What am I doing wrong?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• yep, I was 230 when I got married, size 18
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:43 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Try closer to 100 lbs over and yes, I have. I am 5'2" and weigh 220.

BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Engaged to the love of my life and he has only ever known me as overweight...currently at 225
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 12:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• HOney finding love has nothing to do with your weight!! I was a size 16/18 for four years of very active dating, and then I met my husband. I am smaller now, but it makes no difference....I think I was actually cuter when I was bigger, lol. Don't get discouraged. There are LOTS of men who love chunky curvy girls!!
    getrealmama

Answer by getrealmama at 12:46 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I've always been overweight. It's not about weight for most men. It's about natural sexiness and confidence. I dated one guy that had never dated an overweight woman in his life. I was like 100 pounds overweight at the time. I have never had trouble finding good men regardless of my weight. I finally got sick of having a hot hubby and being the blimp so I have lost a lot of weight. But my hubby never once asked me to or made me feel like I should. I did it for myself when I was ready.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:47 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yep I was aprox 100lbs When i got married & was with him for 13 yrs & I ended the marriage & then about 80lbs overweight when i met my new boyfriend & still get hit on regularly. I dont know how u feel about dating web sites but there is a great one called BBW or a free one called plenty of phish which is free & there r lots of chubby chasers on there!! Good luck
    ahsweetness

Answer by ahsweetness at 12:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes I have always been a plus sized woman. When I married I was a size 22 am a 14 now but it had nothing to do with what anyone else thought of me. Plus sized women are in demand these days. It is not about your size but about what you think of yourself. Heck, come to PA there are plenty of men here who only want a larger framed woman
    Cheveyo1

Answer by Cheveyo1 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• 5'1 low 200lbs for me too and met my husband this way. I did tell him I was actlvly trying to lose weight though. He saw that I was active and outgoing so my size didn't matter.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Yes, I am. I have dated a lot, had long relationships, been engaged a few times and married once. It's in how you carry yourself. Smile more, put a light and happy air about you and guys will talk to you.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 1:25 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yep...and we have never been happier...in facy he gets upset if I loose too much weight...he wants me healthy and happy but not olive oil...
    4_28_bbboy

Answer by 4_28_bbboy at 2:50 PM on Oct. 14, 2010