Do you consider yourself an organized person?

If so would you give me one or two tips to getting myself/household more organized?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on Oct. 27, 2008 in Home & Garden

• Set yourself up a household notebook. It should have all your emegency contact info. A pantry inventory sheet, a cooking menu, important phone numbers, chore chart. All the info for your home and family in one neatly oragnized area. Google household notebook and you'll get alot of good info. Start to organize it may only be one cupboard or drawer that you can get done a day but it's a good start. If it's something you don't need/use freecycle it. Make sure everything has it's own designated spot and always gets put away when it's not in use.
    little.miss.mom

Answer by little.miss.mom at 6:13 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Nope, I lost the order for my OB Glucose test the day before I was supposed to have it done and could NOT find it anywhere. Then I sat down and analyzed myself. I thought "well, when I'm reading I usually grab the closest piece of paper to use as a book mark." I thought about the latest book I had opened and there was the frickin order!!
    My tip? Marry a man that is a neat freak and pretty soon you'll get tired of hearing him bitch and you'll learn to be more organized. It's STARTING to work on me. LOL
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 8:32 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• I am an organizational freak! I got some books that helped me so much, my whole life is organized because of them.
    http://get-organized-now.blogspot.com
    ginawalker911

Answer by ginawalker911 at 9:26 PM on Oct. 27, 2008

• Simplify, simplify, simplify. I box up items that I'm not sure I truly need or want anymore, then I call Volunteers of America to schedule a pick up (usually 1-2 weeks away). If I haven't dug through the box to get the item by the time they pick up, then I don't need it and then donate it. The less I have, the less I have to organize.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Also, follow the rule - - For Every One Thing That Comes Into Your Home, Another Must Leave. That has been helpful when it comes to clothing. We pitch all the old torn clothes, donate the ones that are slightly used.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Oct. 28, 2008

• Edit and de-clutter. Most people have too much crap . . . it clutters the mind as well. Simplify your surroundings and you'll simplify your life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 28, 2008