Botched Haircut

How do you fix a botched haircut? Let's pretend that it wasn't done at a salon or by a [licensed] hairdresser. You don't have the money to go to the salon to get it fixed and it looks terrible. The one way it seems to not be noticeable is when it's curled (also assuming you have straight as a board hair) and you don't always have time to curl in when getting ready for work in the morning.

You don't notice the "hole" in your hair until after you get home. What do you do? How would you fix it? The length of the hair is roughly chin length, medium density.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I have learn how to cut my own hair. So when there is a problem I will fix it.

All you need is a good pair of scissors
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 1:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If you don't have the $ to pay someone to fix your hair then wear a hat or make some cute turbans/scarfs to cover your botched hair.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Well if it wasn't done by a hairstylist, that was your first problem. I would call around to local beauty schools and see what they charge. The one here in town I think only charges $5. A cosmetology student should be able to *improve* a layperson bad haircut.
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 12:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• go back to the salon and demand it be fixed for free....
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 12:51 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Go to salon and ask for the manager to fix. If you are in arlington Texas I can fix it for you
    bethraza

Answer by bethraza at 12:53 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

---
    I said in my question that it was NOT done in a salon OR by a licensed hairdresser.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 12:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

---
    Turns out, the person who did your hair (still speaking as a pretend situation) is a graduate of cosmetology school, at the top of their class. The kicker for this haircut is that it was done on dry hair; you'd taken a shower and let it dry. There were no water spray bottles anywhere.
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 1:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• hats!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• hats!
    ---
    What if you can't wear hats to your job?

Should I have posted this in Just for Fun?
    _Tam_

Comment by _Tam_ (original poster) at 1:45 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Well personally I would call my sister and see what she could do. Or my sister in law. Go on line and read how to cut it or fix it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2010