Sleep

Our son is 2, and he STILL requires that I sit in his room while he falls asleep. Sometimes he asks to sit with me, but I tell him he needs to stay in his bed. I've tried inching out of the room over the course of a couple of weeks, but it hasn't gone well. It keeps him awake. I don't want to CIO, and I've already tried reading "The No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers" and it had only one short chapter on this issue. Any suggestions?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 12:54 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• If it isn't taking very long I would just keep doing it. One thing I would do with mine when I was transitioning them from my bed to theirs is I would sit with them, and then I would start getting up and saying "I'll be right back, I have to ???" then I would walk out and go back in a few minutes, and with each time I did that I would expand how long I was gone. Eventually they would just fall asleep on their own. It took a little time and they would fuss in the beginning (Not CIO, just be grumpy about it) but over a course of time it would stop.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:13 PM on Oct. 14, 2010