Do you think us moms deserve a little break everyday from taking care of our baby/or kids?

my SO thinks I should "earn" taking some ME time at the end of the day... I disagree with him what do you moms think?

skin172

Asked by skin172 at 12:55 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• if that's the case, how would be 'earn' it? i bet it'll have something to do with pleasing him, huh?
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:56 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• *we not be
    keisha613

• If your SO wants a more relaxed and happy you, he'd understand why it's important and shouldn't have to be "earned".
    I think that all mom's should get a little time each day. Even when your child is napping! Don't do housework at that time. Take a nap or read a book. You need to get your feet up and relax. It makes you a more relaxed mom.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 12:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I never felt I should have a break from mothering my children. Now that they are grown, I have all the time I want for myself. I always figured that when I decided I wanted to be a mom, I had chosen to give them what they needed and not to give me what I thought I needed.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 1:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Ah if my hubs felt I had to 'earn' me time, then he would have to 'earn' sex---hmmm that might make him re-think his idea!
    And Yes, I do believe that moms should have some 'me' time at the end of the day. If dad's disagree then maybe they should be 'mom' for a day and see what all mom's do and realize how much she does deserve it!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 1:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I have "me" time both in the mornings (now that they are in school it is after they get on the bus, but when they are not in school I get up a little earlier than them and enjoy a QUIET cup of coffee) and in the evenings (either relaxing the shower/bath, watching a favorite tv show, or spending "time" with my husband) after the kids are in bed.
    QueenMomma2023

Answer by QueenMomma2023 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I would tell your SO to go F himself.. really.. how are you NOT earning as being a mother?? Yes, I think all parents need their time.. however, I get mine once my child goes to bed or when I get to go to the store by myself, mostly I choose not to do it alone and to have my son along with because I WANT him with too.. I'll have my ME time in other ways.. but I certainly don't have a problem with my DH having hobbies or his time when he wants it either.. just my personal choice not to have it right now
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:11 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Do you get to pee by your self? That is your me time. If not good luck I used to hide in the closet because they would find me in the bathroom.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:08 AM on Oct. 15, 2010