has anyone tried the ring on a string and did it work

chelle900

Asked by chelle900 at 12:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Never tried it.. I don't believe in those old wives tales, lol.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Both times I did and it was right LOL. I dont believe it, it just happened to work out that way lol
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My friends tried it on me and it said boy every time, I had a girl.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 12:59 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Tried it multiple times. Told me "girl" every time. I am now the proud mommy of a boisterous little BOY.
    ruthie11617

Answer by ruthie11617 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Mine was right. But, one thing people don't know is that the ring will turn in different directions for different people. So, before you try...hang the ring over the palm of your hand & say YES, the ring should start spinning in one direction. That direction is YOUR "yes". Stop it, tell it NO & then it should spin in the opposite direction. When you figure out which direction your yes & no's are, then try it over your belly. But, you have to ask it "Is it a girl?" or something like that & watch which direction it spins in. I have played with pendulum's quite a bit. They are very neat. Not sure how they're spinning on their own, but they do. Maybe some folks are better at it than others. I could get that thing to spin real fast without encouraging movement at all. It was kind of spooky.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• lol wow my family keeps doing it to me and it says boy every time so i hope i get a boy
    chelle900

Comment by chelle900 (original poster) at 1:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I DID IT WITH BOTH OF MINE AND IT WAS RIGHT BOTH TIMES! BUT THEY ALSO SAY THE HEARTBEAT THING ISNT ALWAYS RIGHT BUT IT WAS FOR ME!
    madisonandgavin

Answer by madisonandgavin at 1:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I know i probably sound like a loon...lol, but i had such accurate readings & aside from just pregnancies, that it creeped me out & i stopped using the pendulum.

http://www.spiritual-endeavors.org/resources/pendulum.htm

http://www.reiki-for-holistic-health.com/pendulum.html

here is some info on pendulum's. Apparently they swing because of gravitational pull...they can swing back & forth, or round n round.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I tried the needle on a string, and wedding ring on a string and both were right for me. You have to know how to do it for yourself though like another poster stated. I personally think you have to really believe in too, not just be skeptical.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:15 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I tried everything. With my first, it all said girl, except I was carrying low -- he was a boy. With my second, it all said boy, except the heart rate was high -- she was a girl.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 3:01 PM on Oct. 14, 2010