Do you get irratated when you hardly get any sleep at night from feedings or changing a diaper or just checking them?

I feel like I cant catch a break or get any sleep everynight... my son(11month old) and I are living with my SO's parents temporarily and my SO is living by himself for now so its just me taking care of him... what should I do?

skin172

Asked by skin172 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in General Parenting

• Yes, I used to get like that, however I have adjusted since my soon to be 3 year old STILL wakes up often at night.. just depends on how many times... it gets easier honey.. hang in there
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Do I ever get irritated....no, that is my job. however it does make me irritable. How much is your LO getting up at night? Bottle or breast? Give a little more info so you can get better advice.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If your child is 11 months he doesn't need to be fed at night. When he wakes up, if you'll just let him fuss for a little while, it won't take long and he'll go back to sleep. I spent 8 months with a infant, toddler and preschooler all by my self while my husband was deployed. You just have to learn to deal with it.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• he is bottle fed but he gets up every 4 hours or sometimes in between and he tosses and turns alot and i change his diaper at least twice....i just have no energy anymore and it makes me moody bcuz i would like to get some sleep
    skin172

Comment by skin172 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• First quit changing his diapers, get some overnights one size bigger if he is leaking. Changing his diapers at night will lead to him waking up. Every four hours isn't bad, are you guys co-sleeping? Mine are tossers and turners also, and most of the time it doesn't wake me but if it does I just pat their backs and help them resettle themselves. There is nothing wrong with letting him fuss, not cio I don't believe in that but some babies are nosier then others when they are trying to settle themselves.

I get being tired I have 8 that I have co-slept with and never used CIO, I think in 19 years (that's how old my oldest is) I have had a full nights sleep maybe 15 times. You do adjust and get used to it.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:20 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yes
    regian19832002

Answer by regian19832002 at 9:57 PM on Oct. 14, 2010