Has anyone had a boil or ingrown hair in the pubic area while pregnant?

I have one and its VERY painful, my dr gave me some antibiotic, but is there anything else I can do? It hurts to walk or sit or to wipe after using the restroom! Help Please!!!!!

CaitiGrace3

Asked by CaitiGrace3 at 1:00 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Omg, my husband had TWO down there at the same time!! It was soo nasty :( Personally, I havent gotten any boils. But he was in alot of pain. They gave him the meds and eventually it popped and oozed puss all over him. They suggest holding hot rags, etc. to help it come to a head quicker. Aside from that Im not sure but GL!
    xxMasonsMommaxx

Answer by xxMasonsMommaxx at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If you are having trouble reaching down there (I don't know how far along you are) you can fill the bath tub up with enough water to soak the area, a few inches of water, and make the water as hot as you can stand (I am not a doctor so please check to make sure it is safe for the baby, I heard that it was alright if your entire body is not submerged you and your baby wont over heat but once again please double check) soak in the hot water for about 15 minutes minutes and then dry the area. You don't want to pick at it and force it to pop because depending on what kind it is, the pus can spread and cause more to appear. Soak a couple of times a day and when it finally does start to drain, you'll want to hold a hot rag to it to catch all the puss.
    If you can reach down there alright, just use the hot rag method for about 15 minutes (you'll have to reheat the rag) and do it several times a day.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 1:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I did get an ingrown when I tried to shave during pregnancy =( Omg it was awful. It hurt when my panties rubbed on it (TMI, I know). I did what previous poster said, put a hot wet washcloth on it over and over and finally popped the stupid thing.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:10 PM on Oct. 14, 2010