What was your least favorite vacation?

Every single vacation where we had to camp sucked.

_Tam_

Asked by _Tam_ at 1:05 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Travel

• I hate camping.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My ex took me camping with his family when our oldest was only a month or two old.

One, I HATE camping. Two, his family HATED me. Three, we had hardly any camping gear, so we had to try to squeeze ourselves and a portable crib into a tiny tent. I was nursing and oldest had colic, so I ended up sleeping IN THE CAR with the baby in my arms so his screaming didn't echo all through the campground and wake everyone up.

By the end of the trip, I was ready to kill my ex and bury him in the woods somewhere.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 1:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• School trip to perform in Nashville. I have nothing against Nashville. I have issues with overly paranoid parent/chaperones. Image a woman standing in the middle of the street, downtown Nashville, screaming at the top of her lungs, pro wrestler style, trying to get the group of kids 3 blocks away to come back where she can see them (they were with a different chaperone, she didn't care). Now picture her behaving that way everywhere we went for 5 days...
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• My husband took me camping by the river. Now by itself, that may have turned out nice. The idea was to go fishing and relax in the sun No phones, tV, & people. This place had none . I thought as beautiful a place as it was, there'd be some people. I soon found out why. We unloaded our gear, put up the tent and laid out our sleeping bags. I decided to change into my bathing suit. So I zip up the opening and get dressed. When I opened the tent screen, in starts flying these black and yellow flying bugs. To me they looked like yellowjackets. I started to freakout! My husband reassured me they were not and I didn't have to panic. They wouldnn't bother me. But they did! They were everywhere. We sat eating our lunch. On the food, my fork, my hands & face. I couldn't take it. I said we have to go. When we got home he told friends laughing he'd tricked me. The place is called "Yellow Jacket River!" I almost went to jail for murder!
    Prayerpartner

Answer by Prayerpartner at 4:39 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• The first time I took my husband back to meet my family in PA. The day we landed was the day my cousin died, so he met all my family at her funeral.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:12 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Any trip that we have to go camping. I hate camping with a passion. His family is real big on it and his parents have a camper. It's a nice one (just one step below a 5th Wheel), but still. One year, it rained the entire freaking time we were there so we couldn't do much. They had a little TV and they were all hooked on watching reports from the Weather Channel. You want to talk about being bored?

We haven't been since 2006, but I know we'll probably take another one next year. Not looking forward to it. But a vacation in civilization would be nice, LOL.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• The one when I was 11 and got sunburned so badly that I blistered almost immediately. Then my grandparent's room was ransacked and robbed. I went in to look for something and missed walking in on the robbers by a few minutes.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 5:23 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'll probably get a few flames for this one but Venice was the worst place. I must have had amnesia because I went twice. It's dirty, crowded, the boats are crowded, the gondoliers want to charge 75-100 euros for a boat ride, the 5 star hotel was horrible, it was hot, pigeons everywhere, and it was expensive. Sure it was cool to see a water city and something of historical importance, but ugh..I hated it!! I loved living in Italy but for some reason I hated Venice.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• I've never been on a bad vacation. Just getting out of town is bliss for me.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 12:55 AM on Oct. 15, 2010

• Camping trip in CO, hiked forever, got the tent up, cooked dinner and then the downpour began!!!!!! Rained all night and the next day and we finally packed up and drove home.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 9:16 PM on Oct. 14, 2010