Separate Bedrooms ???

what do you think about that??? Good idea or not???
i can not sleep with him. he snores he has the TV on all the time...he gets up numerous times at night...i want it quiet and dark and i want to spread out and have my space....

Ladyblue38

Asked by Ladyblue38 at 1:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010 in Relationships

• Well as long as you are making sure to get private couple time then it would be fine if you are both fine with it. I know couples who start out in the same bed at night, but when he wakes her up snoring she leaves. Personally DH and I prefer our own sleeping space while actually sleeping so we have the biggest bed we can and separate blankets at night. He does not snore or need the TV on though.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:07 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• What ever works for each couple.
    Raeann11

Answer by Raeann11 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If it works for you, go for it. Personally, we've spent too many nights apart as it is so I'm willing to deal with his snoring and encroachment as long as he's with me.
    hobbitswife04

Answer by hobbitswife04 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• Go for it if that's what you want, and you're both ok with it.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:08 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• yea thats totally okay I mean me and my SO have seperate blankets lol cuz we both are blanket hoggs
    skin172

Answer by skin172 at 1:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I'd try a larger bed and ear plugs before I moved to my own room. I know hubby wouldn't allow it anyways - bedtime is sometimes the only time to connect with your spouse.
    Give it a lot of thought before you make the move and be sure it doesn't hurt your husband's feelings.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:09 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• If you have the room, give it a try. It does reduce the possibility of spontaneous middle-of-the-night sex, but so does exhaustion.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 1:18 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I think as long as you have private couple time together in a bed together then it is fine. Do what works as a couple. If this makes the most sense then do it.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I see nothing wrong with it if it works for you. I know sometimes I wish I had the bed to myself. I go to bed before my husband so I have to time to get comfortable and be asleep when he comes to bed after watching tv.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 1:36 PM on Oct. 14, 2010

• I tried that once and he almost left me if I did not agree to return to the bedroom. Try compromise like no TV after a certain time.
    Anonymous